What is a bucket list, do you ask? A bucket list is a collection of experiences that one hopes to fulfill during their lifetime, before one has children, or before one leaves Rome.
A bucket list keeps you aware of your ambitions and allows you to track your personal accomplishments. Not only are bucket lists fun to make; they inspire you to dream and provide a steadfast response to the age-old question, “What should we do tomorrow?”
Any length of study abroad beckons a bucket list. Without one, you will hear about something you want to do and inevitably lose the idea amidst the stimulation and excitement around you. A bucket list provides you a never-complete, personalized list of what and where you have to experience before you go home, and also allows you to prioritize your objectives for the amount of time you have left.
Here are a few tips to creating the ultimate Study Abroad Bucket List:
- Read a few guidebooks so you know which sites are out there! Google your interests along with the name of the city or country you’ll be in.
- Make one of your travel destinations adventure-based. It is a great way to explore a new place while also trying something you have never done!
- Be specific. Don’t write, “experience local culture”. Instead, pick a specific cultural aspect or event that interests you.
- Make one or more of your ambitions an activity that involves locals.
- Make your list as personal as possible. While you might opt for a fun weekend away, you should also make a point to experience something quirky and truly meaningful to you.
- Prioritize which points are most important for you to experience. Reprioritize as the weeks go by, and add to your list as you find new inspirations!